Carter Holt Harvey Plywood Limited
TERMS OF WEBSITE ACCESS
This site is controlled and managed by Carter Holt Harvey Plywood Limited and Carter Holt Harvey Plywood Pty Limited trading as CHH Plywood ("CHH Plywood", "Carter Holt Harvey Plywood", “us”, “we”, or “our”).
Use of this site is governed by these Carter Holt Harvey Plywood Terms of Website Access (Terms). Acceptance of these Terms is a condition of use of this site. Please check these Terms each time you access this site, as CHH Plywood may update, amend or replace the Terms from time to time. By accessing and using this site you are accepting the Terms current at the time of access.
Whilst we have tried to ensure the content on this site is current, accurate and complete, we do not guarantee such content will be current, accurate or complete when you access it. The content on, or accessed through this site, is provided on an "as is" basis, and to the extent permitted by law without warranties of any kind (either express or implied). The content may be updated, amended or replaced at any time. You must make your own assessment of the suitability of the content and/or the services for your own purposes.
Consumer protection law implies terms, conditions and warranties into some contracts for the supply of goods and services and prohibits the exclusion, restriction and modification of such terms. Nothing in these Terms operates to exclude, restrict or modify the application of those provisions. To the extent permitted by law, you agree that CHH Plywood will not be liable for your reliance on any information in this site or for any damages (direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or punitive) resulting from the use (or inability to use) this site.
This site, and the information on it, is governed by and is compliant with Australian and New Zealand law, but may not satisfy the laws of other countries. If you reside in, or access this site from, a country other than Australia or New Zealand then you do so at your own risk and reliance on your own judgement.
CHH Plywood takes no responsibility for sites linked to this site. CHH Plywood also requests that you obtain permission by contacting our Privacy Officer via the contact details contained in the Contact Us section of the CHH Privacy Statement, prior to linking to this site. If you do link to this site it is at your own risk.
All content on this site is protected by intellectual property rights (copyright, trade mark or other rights and laws). You need CHH Plywood’s prior written consent to replicate, reference or otherwise deal with any of this site’s content. However, you may take one copy (print or download) of the content on this site on any one computer for your own use, so long as you respect all intellectual property notices.
Carter Holt Harvey Plywood Limited
Carter Holt Harvey Plywood is committed to protecting information that identifies you (your Personal Information) and ensuring that we deal with your Personal Information in accordance with the relevant privacy legislation.
This privacy statement (Privacy Statement) explains how we may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information.
If you would like to Contact Us in relation to this Privacy Statement or our use of your information, please email us at the details set out in the Contact Us section below.
Application of this Privacy Statement
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. It applies to any Personal Information that you provide to us, or authorise us to collect, in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This includes our New Zealand and Australian website available at: www.chhply.co.nz and https://chhply.com.au/ (together, the Website).
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement at any time by posting an updated version of this Privacy Statement on our Website. The updated version of this Privacy Statement will take effect immediately upon such notice. We may take additional steps to bring the changes to your attention, including by notifying you directly, in accordance with the applicable laws. You are responsible for reviewing this Privacy Statement regularly to ensure that you are aware of any updates.
Additional rights and obligations
This Privacy Statement applies in addition to, and does not limit, our rights and obligations under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (each as amended or replaced from time to time) (together, the Privacy Acts) or any specific authorisation that you provide to us when you interact with us or use our Website or other services.
You are not required to provide us with any Personal Information that we request. However, if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collection of Personal Information
Generally, we collect Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so (in accordance with the Privacy Acts).
We may also collect such information from other sources, including:
- other related entities from time to time;
- credit reporters, if you submit an Application for Commercial Credit or Guarantee to us (please refer to further information about credit reporters set out below); and
- publicly available sources of information.
Types of Personal Information we collect
The types of Personal Information we may collect and hold will depend on your relationship with us (for example, whether you are a customer or supplier or are browsing our Website). This may include:
- name, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- driver’s licence details;
- financial details including annual earnings, bank account details and trade reference details;
- details of the products and service provided; and
- information relevant to your credit worthiness, including credit history information.
Purpose of collecting Personal Information
We collect, hold, disclose and use Personal Information:
- to provide you with products and services;
- to administer our relationship with you including responding to queries;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as procedural assessment, risk management, staff training, accounting, billing, product and service reviews;
- to exercise our rights under any application for credit or guarantee that we agree with you, including to determine whether to provide (or continue to provide) credit to you, to register security interests and to assist with the collection of overdue payments (please refer to further details relating to credit reporters set out below);
- to monitor activity on our Website; and
- to identify and inform you about other products or services and offerings that may be of interest to you, including by email and other electronic means (you can opt-out at any time by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below).
Disclosure of Personal Information
We understand the importance of keeping Personal Information private, and will only disclose such information to others in limited circumstances.
We may disclose Personal Information in connection with (or for reasons directly related to) any of the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement to the following parties:
- credit reporters, if you submit an Application for Commercial Credit or Guarantee to us;
- any third party associated with your Application for Commercial Credit (such as a referee or Guarantor);
- our professional advisers;
- Government and regulatory authorities;
- our related companies, organisations and partners from time to time; and
- any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose Personal Information in accordance with applicable law.
We may also disclose Personal Information to contractors and service providers (such as IT service providers) who provide services to Carter Holt Harvey Plywood or who manage services provided to an individual on our behalf. Personal Information is only disclosed to contractors and service providers to the extent necessary to enable them to provide these services.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We may disclose your Personal Information to service providers who are located outside the country where you are based, such as cloud storage providers. Our service providers are located in the following overseas locations:
- New Zealand
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that Personal Information transferred overseas from the country where you are based is protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Privacy Acts.
If you submit an Application for Commercial Credit to us, you authorise us to use the services of a credit reporter to assess your credit worthiness. You acknowledge that you understand and agree to the following:
- the credit reporter will give us Personal Information about you for the purpose of assessing your credit worthiness;
- we will give your Personal Information to the credit reporter (including default information, if applicable) and that credit reporter will hold that information on its systems and use it to provide its credit reporting service (including to its other customers); and
- we may use credit reporting services in the future for purposes related to the provision of credit to you. This may include using the credit reporter’s monitoring services to receive updates if any of the information held about you changes.
If you submit an Application for Commercial Credit to us, you also authorise us to use the services of a credit reporter to assess the credit worthiness of your guarantors and directors (as applicable). You acknowledge that you understand and agree that the provisions set out above will also apply to your guarantors and directors (as applicable) and that they have authorised the collection of their information for this purpose (please refer to the section below on “Information about other people”).
STORE AND SECURITY
Storage of Personal Information
Personal Information that we collect is either held by us at our head office (refer to the Contact Us section below) or on our behalf. For example, some information we hold will be stored in “the cloud” in secure databases on our behalf by third parties based overseas. The use of these services, and the transfer of information overseas (if applicable) will not relieve us of our obligations under the Privacy Acts and this Privacy Statement.
Security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect Personal Information that we hold. However, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we are not able to guarantee the security of any information that we hold or that you transmit to us.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Acts, you have the right to access and request correction of any Personal Information that we hold about you. Please refer to the Contact Us section below.
We rely on you to update us if your Personal Information changes.
Information about other people
If you provide us with, or authorise us to collect, Personal Information about another person (such as a guarantor), you confirm that they have authorised you to provide us, or authorised us to collect, their Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and that you have informed them of their rights to access and request correction of their Personal Information, as set out below.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Statement, would like to access or correct your personal information, or if you have a question or complaint about how we handle your personal information, please email our Privacy Officer at the details provided below
If you are making a complaint, we may request additional details from you and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and deal with your complaint. We will investigate your queries and privacy complaints within a reasonable period of time, depending on the difficulty of your complaint. We will notify you of the outcome of the investigation.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 1 June 2022.
Phone: +64 9 636 7016
Heidelberg 3084 VIC Australia
Phone: +61 1800 338 463