Shadowclad® Ultra Groove
Shadowclad® Ultra features a factory applied exterior grade performance coating. Using a unique powder coating process on the panel face and edges means Shadowclad Ultra panels can be immediately top coated on site, eliminating (in most cases) the need for expensive and time consuming wet primers. H3 LOSP treated for vertical exterior applications, Shadowclad Groove features vertical 9mm wide grooves at 150mm centres across the face of the board. The Ultra coating is suitable for use with most paint and film forming stain systems. Always refer to your local coating manufacturer for coating advice.
The Ultra performance coating has a high 60-80 microns average film build, and can be up to 2 to 3 times thicker than traditional wet primers. This provides the undercoat of a 3 coat (1 undercoat, 2 top coats) paint system.
Features & Benefits
- Manufactured from sustainably grown plantation pine
- Panels available in 2440mm and 2745mm lengths
- Interlocking vertical shiplap joints for easy and weathertight installation
- Low formaldehyde emission, Super E0: < 0.3mg/L as tested to AS/NZS 2098.11
- FSC® certified (SCS-COC-001316)
- Bandsawn sheet surface provides a consistent tactile finish
- Shadowclad exterior cladding system includes a wide range of purpose designed exterior flashings
- Shadowclad installation guidelines must be followed. Please refer to the current Shadowclad Specification and Installation Guide for Direct Fix or Cavity Wall Construction as applicable
Shadowclad is manufactured under a third-party-audited quality control programme and is certified by the Engineered Wood Products Association of Australasia (EWPAA) as compliant with AS/NZS 2269 Plywood Structural.
See how other architects have leveraged the natural beauty of Shadowclad for high end residential and commercial projects.
The information in this guide relates to the installation of Shadowclad in cavity wall construction as an external cladding. For guidance on the use of direct fix or cavity wall construction.
The information in this guide relates to the installation of Shadowclad as a direct fix cladding. For guidance on the use of direct fix or cavity wall construction, refer to the 'When to use Cavity Wall Construction Technical Note'